Usage of sulphur in different fields
Sulphur has many more and wide usage as compared to what generally people know about it. If you are a sulphur manufacturer in India, you would know how many different industries are sulphur supplied to. Sulphur is used as medicine by dermatologists and used as a supplement in agriculture industries for the proper growth and other benefits of crops. This is why the demand for sulphur is increasing every day in India and also across the world. The interesting fact about sulphur is that it makes about 3% of earth’s surface i.e. it is found in abundance on earth. Sulphur is recovered from natural gases, coal, crude oil and different other sources which are cheaper sources of recovery which can be used at a very minimum cost.
General usage of sulphur
As discussed above, sulphur has extensive usage across different industries around the world and since its extraction and recovery is not too costly and found in abundance on earth, it is always profitable to use sulphur in industries considering its effectiveness. SOme of its general usage are listed below
- Sulphur has a very important role to play in the human body and is required for the synthesis of some key proteins which helps in protecting the vital body cells from getting damaged.
- Sulphur intake is so good for the body that many people take sulphur supplements orally as well
- Sulphur is very helpful in treating hair dandruff which is the reason it is recommended by many dermatologists across the world for the treatment of dandruff
- Sulphur deficiency is considered to be one of the key reasons for osteoarthritis hence sulphur supplements are given to people suffering from this disease and it has proved to be extremely effective in treating osteoarthritis.
- Sulphur is also used topically by many dermatologists worldwide to treat acne and hair fall problems in both men and women. It has proved to be an effective medicine in treating these symptoms.
- Sulphur is used to make Sulphuric Acid which is the number one chemical used in the modern world to manufacture lead-acid batteries which has an extensive usage in the automobile industries.
- Sulphur is used as a fungicide and in black gunpowder as well for the vulcanisation of natural rubber.
- Sulphur is used in many other industries for a wide variety of usage like water processing, mineral extraction and oil refining
- Sulphur based chemicals are used in making detergents, pesticides and cements.
Use of Sulphur in the field of Agriculture
Sulphur is present in soil and also provided to plants from manure and fertilisers. Sulphur wdg 80 is a high quality sulphur that is used in crops by many farmers and agricultural industries. Plants that are not able to make enough sulphur start showing symptoms by yellowing leaves which indicates that the plant is having a severe deficiency of sulphur and needs to be treated. Sulphur is always recommended for seed oil crops which is usually ven from sulphur dusts or pesticides containing sulphur. Large amount of sulphur must not be given to the plants at once and it should be given in a moderate quantity so that the crops can absorb them slowly.
There is no such concrete method to test the soil for the sulphur deficiency which is why it is always advisable to provide sulphur supplements to crops in some or the other ways no matter how good or bad the soil is. There are many crops that do not require sulphur extensively for their survivals which is why researches are being done to know which plants actually flourish with sulphur application